Common Causes of Fires and Tips To Prevent Them
Here are some common causes of fires that you should know and some tips that can help prevent a fire at your home.
- Remember to not leave the kitchen unattended while cooking.
- Turn off burners when finished.Have a fire extinguisher near the kitchen.
- Never lay down or fall asleep while smoking
- Smoke outside to avoid falling asleep, putting a cigarette down.
- Never leave a candle unattended
- Make sure that the candle is not close to any items.
These are just a few tips in order to prevent fires. Change your batteries in your smoke detectors the same time each year so you don’t forget to do it and check them periodically to make sure they are working correctly. It is also a good idea to have a plan for you and your family if there ever was a fire and to have practice drills so your family members know what to do in the event of a fire in your home. SERVPRO of Conway & Faulkner Counties is here to answer any questions if you have had a fire at your home. We are available for emergency service 24 hours 7 days a week.