Fire Damage in Vilonia, Arkansas
A fire started in the chimney of this Vilonia home, and caused damage to several rooms in the home, including the attic. This picture shows the damage that occurred in the Attic of this home.
SERVPRO of Conway & Faulkner Counties was called to inspect the loss to see if we could clean the soot and smoke damage. We were able to clean the smoke and soot damage that occurred and get it ready for reconstruction services.
We receive calls every year from fires that begin in a chimney. There are several things that you can do to make sure this doesn't happen to your home.
Many times a chimney fire will go undetected, here are some indications that you have had a chimney fire from the Chimney Safety Institute of America:
Nine Signs that You’ve Had a Chimney Fire
Since a chimney, damaged by a chimney fire, can endanger a home and its’ occupants and a chimney fire can occur without anyone being aware of them it’s important to have your chimney regularly inspected by a CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep. Here are the signs that a professional chimney sweep looks for:
- “Puffy” or “honey combed” creosote
- Warped metal of the damper, metal smoke chamber connector pipe or factory-built metal chimney
- Cracked or collapsed flue tiles, or tiles with large chunks missing
- Discolored and/or distorted rain cap
- Heat-damaged TV antenna attached to the chimney
- Creosote flakes and pieces found on the roof or ground
- Roofing material damaged from hot creosote
- Cracks in exterior masonry
- Evidence of smoke escaping through mortar joints of masonry or tile liners
Here is the link for further information about chimney fires.
If you have had a fire at your home or business. Give SERVPRO of Conway & Faulkner Counties a call at 501-328-3301 and we can come out to give you a free estimate.