Flash Flooding in Central Arkansas
Weather in Central Arkansas has proved to be unpredictable at times. A storm caused flash flooding on May 23. Power outages were caused for more than 2,000 people. Traffic slowed or was at a standstill in Little Rock and North Little Rock. Homes were also affected in several different counties. SERVPRO of Conway and Faulkner Counties has the expertise and the equipment to take care of your water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call Us Today – (501) 328-3301
Until SERVPRO of Conway and Faulkner Counties can arrive at your home, there are certain steps you can take to prevent damage. These tips are listed below.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.